Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Burgers & Book Stuff

I think I've made the awesome discovery of the world's most efficient McDonald's drive-thru right here in Northern Virginia. You drive into the line and there's the menu so you can look at it. Then, standing in front of another menu is an actual, physical person who takes your order and asks, "Cash or credit?" before telling you your total. Then, you pull up and another actual, physical person is standing there to take your money. Then, you get to the window where they hand you the food and not only is the food prepared and bagged just like that, but the person inside the window hands the food to yet another actual, physical person standing outside the window so there's no risk of dropping anything in transition, not to mention two chances to ask for extra ketchup, napkins, etc.

*In other McDonald's musings, I find it very strange that a double cheeseburger only costs a penny more than a cheeseburger.

One of my much (squared to like the millionth power) more well-known colleagues has poked some fun at the "Eight Reasons" jackass by insinuating that he/she still lives with his/her parents (and sleeps in their basement!) What I'd really like to say in response I won't say, this person being sort of the Godmother of the Chick-Lit Mafia--but what I will say is that there's actually no shame in living with one's parents, despite the stigma associated with it. I guess it's kind of like saying there's actually no shame in writing chick-lit.

*Yes, I do live with my parents. But I don't sleep in their basement.

Due to the sky-high cost of insuring the GT convertible in Las Vegas, I will likely be driving a slightly-used Honda Accord in the near future. And, despite my overwhelming desire to be seen cruising around the west in a seriously bad-ass ride, the current Amazon.com ranking of Love Like That (364,212) doesn't lead me to believe that my financial situation will see that much improvement in the future.

*Maybe I'd be more comfortable not knowing Love Like That's Amazon.com ranking.

3 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Too bad about the GT--insurance is a killer. And my fave burger place, I don't even know its name. Some place in Arizona where they serve you in the car. The burgers rocked and the fries were divine.

Amanda said...

I'm searching my mind. I lived in AZ for most of my teen years and the only place I can think of that serves you in the car is Sonic. Could have been a Mom & Pop establishment. Either way, nothing beats a good burger!!!

Gabrielle said...

That's it--Sonic!!! Just as well they brought the food to your car because by the time we were done being pigs, we couldn't walk.