Friday, December 16, 2005

Mid-December Ramblings

Today I was in a bookstore and could find absolutely nothing that I wanted to read. That got me thinking…hmm, I wonder whatever happened to Heather Cochran’s second RDI release (her first being the wonderfully unique and not so genre-oriented Mean Season) that was supposed to be out in November? It’s December, no? Oh, well, maybe I’ll call the customer service # and ask.

I officially hate the holiday season. It reminds me of Disneyland—crowds of rude people, long lines, buying shit just to buy it and some bizarre need to eat like a hog just because there’s food everywhere. I will be glad when it’s over.

Today one of my coworkers said I look like one of those kids in Village of the Damned with this haircut.

Your weekend homework: Rent Village of the Damned and have a laugh.

3 comments:

Gabrielle said...

I was wondering the same thing! I had her second book on preorder from Amazon and zip. SO I checked out the RDI page and big surprise, zip there, too.

When you call customer service, could you please ask them what they did with my fave RDI author (Amanda someone) and when she's going to get some REAL royalties because she needs to come spend the holiday season in Paris before she knifes someone at the Disney store.

Kthxbye.

Amanda said...

You are so funny...and I WILL find out what happened to Heather Cochran's new book! Hell, maybe it would be easier to just e-mail Heather Cochran...

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »