Thursday, August 11, 2005

To all the pet lovers out there, I say please love your pet(s) as much, if not more, than it is possible! I say this because I am currently suffering the devastating loss of my precious dog, Chief, who died suddenly on Tuesday night from complications of congestive heart failure. Chief was a nine-year-old purebred Dalmatian that I acquired the summer before my senior year of college. He was truly my treasure and my joy and will be always missed, remembered and completely irreplaceable.

It's my heartfelt sentiment that every pet that offers its unconditional affection and trust to its owner(s) deserves an adored life until the end. So please, please--everyone just love, cherish and pamper your pets as the word pet implies.

Chief is survived by Annie, a Beagle mix of about 15 (can't be sure, we found her as a stray), and Rugsy, a cat who at the Jurassic age of 19 (and a half) is still amazingly able to jump to great heights.

No comments: