Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Yesterday I drove across the Potomac from D.C. for the last time as a local. It made me a little sad and more than a little appreciative of the view I've often taken for granted--the river glinting in the afternoon sun, such landmarks as the Watergate and the rooftops of Georgetown to one side, planes touching down at National Airport on the other, greenery abundant from all directions. Washington is a beautiful city, and one I used to criticize as having no soul. But that was before I knew it. So, in retrospect, I am truly sorry to leave it, and shall always be a little wistful to say it just wasn't the life for me. Or maybe just not the life I wanted to live forever at this very moment, the same as I felt when I drove away from Los Angeles for the last time as one of its own.

Right now I can't get enough of this "More, More, More" song by the Andrea True Connection. I keep playing it and disco-dancing all around my parents' house like some freak. I knew I should have bought that jumpsuit at Rampage the other day! Then I could have thrown on some cork sandals, feathered my hair and done up teal green shadow and coral gloss and really had a good time. I know, I'm weird. But in all honesty, I think this look could really work for my 2006 RDI photo. I'm debating whether to have that taken today or wait until it's called for. Seems like having it done today could be me getting a little ahead of myself and just wanting to have my picture taken, but then again, the last time my photo was called for I literally had to have it done that day. (By a photographer who obviously specialized in Senior Yearbook Portraits...)

Off to find something to eat and watch TV. And yes...I do lead a very exciting life.

No comments: