Friday, October 07, 2005

Even More Humbled

So this morning I was sent by one recruiter to meet with one of her colleagues at another branch of their company. At which point a good discussion ensued about: why any employer should trust me when I left my last job after only seven months, why any employer should trust me to stay in Las Vegas when I've "moved around so much" (i.e., to D.C. 2 years ago and then to here 2 weeks ago, Christ that's a lot!), and finally, my favorite...

Recruiter: "Oh, what kind of books do you write?"

Me: "Chick-lit."

Recruiter: (Laughs) "Oh, one of my friends reads that stuff. I call it trash. Personally I never read anything unless it's going to better me intellectually."

Me: "A-ha-ha-ha...well, er...you see, sometimes people just like to have something light to read at the gym or you know, to take their mind off of the stress of their day-to-day lives...er, uh, but, uh, I also write science fiction?"

Recruiter: (Raises Eyebrows) "So anyway, how would you feel about an entry-level receptionist position?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »