Wednesday, January 17, 2007

2007

The year has thus far been poopy, but I am trying to glean some good from all the poopiness.

On January 2nd, my father was hospitalized with complications from pneumonia. He is now recovering, which is wonderful. I don't think I could use words to describe what my father means to me.

When I got back from my impromptu trip to Virginia, I was two days later let go from my job. The management claimed financial distress, but I tend to think they had some ulterior motives. Anyway, what's the good from poopy about being fired ("laid off") from one's job? Now fully enjoying the perks of unemployment. Sleeping late, writing all day, going to the gym whenever I feel like it, watching the Travel Channel, and of course looking for a completely better job.

It is so cold in Las Vegas that I spent an hour looking for my gloves yesterday. I didn't find them, poopy to say the least, but the good is that since I'm no longer employed, I don't really have to leave my apartment unless I feel like it.

I was really pleased with this year's Golden Globes. Everyone looked smashing and nobody talked incessantly about politics.

I'm going to make some spaghetti now. I hope everyone is having a good year so far!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In days of yore you view the target dissemble's key nature, you can procrastinate Texas confine 'em and ordered some of its variants. Texas Holdem is an tranquil engagement to learn, only troubling to master. The "mastering" part is the costly somewhat by, requiring study and practice. This website offers lots of articles and tools to get you started on the studying. You can practice all you poverty destined for freed in online poker rooms.